MiniMolli

"It's not every day you get to enjoy the bottom layer of a chocolate pyramid." - The_Gnat




My New Addiction


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I think this may be my new addiction. While I do enjoy glassblowing that damn furnace is so freakin hot! If you've ever been in a glass shop you know what I mean. My skin literally breaks out if I stand near it too long. 2300 degrees will do that to you. I know that your body builds tolerance to the heat after a while but damn it's hot!

Maybe I'll get into it more after the furnace is built at the house and I can practice in the back yard whenever I feel like it. But, until then I'm hooked on flameworking. There's something about playing with a large flame and molten glass. It's mesmerizing, relaxing, yet energizing all at the same time. I can't wait to do it again.

Here is a sample of what I've made so far. I know they're not very exciting but I'm still a beginner. I'm allowed to suck for a while. This shit is a lot more difficult than you think!

Oh, and on a side note: WARNING: Christmas Party + open bar + owner who lets you refill your own beer from the tap = Not so good Monday morning.
On days like today it comes in handy to be able to work on the couch in my pajamas!


3 Responses to “My New Addiction”

  1. Blogger Is it sync'd yet? 

    You guys are good for Wed. night while I am at the furnace.

    T_G.
    .

  2. Blogger CorkChop 

    That is going to ROCK.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Those are very beautiful, Molli!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com
minimolli's photos More of minimolli's photos

Previous posts

Archives

Photo Archives

  • My Debut of HNT
  • Happy HNT! (*my favorite!)
  • Merry HNT!
  • Another Fabulous HNT!
  • One more Photo for HNT...(2005)
  • Happy New Year!
  • Compromise HNT...
  • Let me count the ways...
  • TGIHNT!! (thank god it's half nekkid thursday!)
  • February HNT
  • What is she looking at?!
  • Such a Slacker
  • Time for Mardi Gras HNT!!!
  • Artistic HNT



    eXTReMe Tracker