MiniMolli

"It's not every day you get to enjoy the bottom layer of a chocolate pyramid." - The_Gnat




HNT - Memory


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Today's HNT is a little different. It's more of a memory that this photo inspires. I have always loved this photo. I know it's not the best picture quality but it still touches my heart. This is a photo of my father and I taken by my mother just before sunset at my dad's house. My dad used to get so upset at my mom because that damn camera was always attached to her hip and it seemed most of the photos she would take I was typically half nekkid. Apparently she tried to clothe me but as a baby I didn't like wearing clothes and would just strip them off. My dad is a very modest man and to this day still gets embarrassed when he looks at a lot of these photos.

Even though my dad hated the fact that my mom was always snapping photos, I'm so grateful she did. They give me the chance to go back in time and remember what a wonderful childhood I had. I can sit for hours and look through all of them, most of them triggering some sort of memory. Sometimes I'll even look at one I've seen a hundred times and remember something new.

Not to say that my childhood was uneventful. My parents divorced when I was 2. However they remained close and lived nearby. I began having seizures shortly after and continued to do so for the next 9 years. I was constantly in and out of the hospital having a myriad of tests run and by age 6 I'm sure I could have set up my own IV. Despite all the hardships I still have fond memories of everything. I have to attribute this to my parents and grandparents. I only hope my children can have the same kind of fond memories that I do.

I suppose this post was inspired by the fact that my Dad is coming to visit in approximately 10 days. I'm so excited. I haven't seen him since September and he will get to see my new house for the first time. He's going to help out with a few projects around the house and I couldn't be happier. And even though he probably won't like it, I'm going to take lots of photos.

Time permitting I'll try and post another photo for HNT later today. Damn work is getting in the way...


8 Responses to “HNT - Memory”

  1. Blogger Leesa 

    Wow..great post and photo :) Happy hnt

  2. Blogger MamaKBear 

    That is a very sweet and precious picture! Thanks for sharing it.

    Happy HNT! :)

  3. Blogger Wenchy 

    Beautiful pic.

  4. Blogger Is it sync'd yet? 

    You really have a gift. Not only as a photographer but you know what will touch people.

    I am looking forward to your father as well.

    Gnat.
    .

  5. Blogger Sunny Delight 

    So lovely, and omg! my mom used to say the same thing about me...the girl couldn't keep her clothes on! HHNT!

  6. Blogger Tess 

    That is just lovely....

    Happy HNT!

  7. Blogger The Melody Censor 

    that's sweet...Happy HNT

  8. Blogger Moosekahl 

    Great photo and an even better memory! Happy HNT

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com
minimolli's photos More of minimolli's photos

Previous posts

Archives

Photo Archives

  • My Debut of HNT
  • Happy HNT! (*my favorite!)
  • Merry HNT!
  • Another Fabulous HNT!
  • One more Photo for HNT...(2005)
  • Happy New Year!
  • Compromise HNT...
  • Let me count the ways...
  • TGIHNT!! (thank god it's half nekkid thursday!)
  • February HNT
  • What is she looking at?!
  • Such a Slacker
  • Time for Mardi Gras HNT!!!
  • Artistic HNT



    eXTReMe Tracker