MiniMolli

"It's not every day you get to enjoy the bottom layer of a chocolate pyramid." - The_Gnat




Hiatus


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yea, it's been quite a while since my last post. Life just seems to get in the way.
Work has been crazy - keeping me very busy. Looking up now though, I think this past weekend was the first in a long time I didn't feel like I needed to work.

Personal life has been quite hectic also. I've had 2 deaths in my immediate family recently. One was a very sick aunt which everyone was relieved that her suffering is now over. The other my grandfather who got sick and passed very quickly. I miss him terribly and think about him every day. Probably more than anyone realizes. He was very much a father to me and I can never thank him enough for that. I was very lucky I got to spend a lot of time with him throughout my life as well as in his last few months. It still feels as though I'm having a bad dream and the next time I call he will answer the phone and say "Hi, sugar".

note: I wrote the above post a few weeks ago but never posted it - I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's a bit personal, but there's something about writing it down. Since then I went to stay with my grandmother for a nice long visit. She is so strong and wonderful. Even though she misses my grandfather terribly, she marches on, grateful for the 53 years they had together. She is constantly teaching me - whether she realizes it or not. I wish she lived closer, maybe someday she will. I can only hope my marriage will be as wonderful and rewarding as theirs was. I have faith that it will.


2 Responses to “Hiatus”

  1. Blogger Is it sync'd yet? 

    MUH!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey Lady: I bug your husband about glass and thought I should swing by cuz he always speaks of you---sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. That stuff is hard in so many ways---my thoughts to you and yours.
    Plum

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com
minimolli's photos More of minimolli's photos

Previous posts

Archives

Photo Archives

  • My Debut of HNT
  • Happy HNT! (*my favorite!)
  • Merry HNT!
  • Another Fabulous HNT!
  • One more Photo for HNT...(2005)
  • Happy New Year!
  • Compromise HNT...
  • Let me count the ways...
  • TGIHNT!! (thank god it's half nekkid thursday!)
  • February HNT
  • What is she looking at?!
  • Such a Slacker
  • Time for Mardi Gras HNT!!!
  • Artistic HNT



    eXTReMe Tracker