MiniMolli

"It's not every day you get to enjoy the bottom layer of a chocolate pyramid." - The_Gnat




Troublesome


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is a direct quote from another blog I read... very disturbing and sad to hear this:

"About a month ago, my brother was deployed for an 8 day stint in Iraq for a small patrol mission. He told us this, and I believe I shared the story with you all. Basically, just security on a strip of road. 8 days, he was back.

But recently, he shared what he really did (and to those who know, the camel part of the story is still true). Now I know why he told us what he did, because it kept us from worrying, and when he told me, he asked me not to share any of it with the family or anyone else, but did give me clearance on one thing to share, and when he told me, I was outraged and decided I have to share it with everyone.

On his 8 day run, his convoy was attacked by a roadside bomb. Thats all I can say about that matter, and there were no causalities. But, from the impact of the explosion, it cracked and broke an armor plate in my brothers Flak jacket. It took the impact to prevent my brothers bones and body. Great.

(Here's were you should place a piece of rawhide or a bone in your mouth, to prevent you from hurting yourself)

After the mission, the government, our government, THE same government who's sending these 18 years old over to fight...charged him for the broken plate. Well, charged isn't really the right word. More like robbed him, because they just deducted it from his pay.

Thats right folks. Our government is run like a China shop. "You break it, you bought it".

They charged him for a piece of armor that was made to save his life. Let that sink in for a second. Our men and women, who are giving their lives for the freedom of the country, are getting charged for the armor if something happens to it. You'd think the least our government could do is keep the armor in supply. This isn't a fucking car, or a new piece of sporting equipment that needs to be replaced. It's the one thing keeping our men and women from coming home in a plane, or a body bag.

Oh, incase you were wondering, the charge was $700 for a 5"x9" piece of Kevlar Composite. And thats about a week's pay in the army at my brothers rank.

I ask you share the story with everyone you can. Lets educate the world from a first hand perspective. And if need be, send our troops supplies. At least there won't be the governments markup on it.

Flash"


0 Responses to “Troublesome”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com
minimolli's photos More of minimolli's photos

Previous posts

Archives

Photo Archives

  • My Debut of HNT
  • Happy HNT! (*my favorite!)
  • Merry HNT!
  • Another Fabulous HNT!
  • One more Photo for HNT...(2005)
  • Happy New Year!
  • Compromise HNT...
  • Let me count the ways...
  • TGIHNT!! (thank god it's half nekkid thursday!)
  • February HNT
  • What is she looking at?!
  • Such a Slacker
  • Time for Mardi Gras HNT!!!
  • Artistic HNT



    eXTReMe Tracker