MiniMolli

"It's not every day you get to enjoy the bottom layer of a chocolate pyramid." - The_Gnat




Confession...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



OK, if you know me - you know that I NEVER talk about politics. I don't know what has come over me recently but here it is. Not that I'm actually making any political statements - just writing as my mind wanders.

I have to confess - I've never voted. I've only been old enough to vote in two previous elections but always felt underinformed. Mostly my own fault. I guess I felt that if I'm going to vote I needed to immerse myself in the facts. Really do some reasearch on each candidate and all of their views. I thought... all or nothing, because it's such an important decision that not voting must be better than voting for the wrong person for the wrong reasons. This attitude applies to me in a lot of areas. If I don't feel that I know enough about what I'm talking about, I try not to talk about it, sit back and listen to what others say. The problem with this is that I NEVER feel like I know enough.

But in reality who really knows ALL the facts? Who knows ALL the views of each candidate? And I'm starting to realize that more and more people vote for all kinds of reasons.

This article is a good example and it scares me. Maybe my reasons are better than I thought.

When It’s Head Versus Heart, The Heart Wins

I ran across this video this morning and while I found it very moving I also found it a bit disturbing in relation to the above article.


0 Responses to “Confession...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com
minimolli's photos More of minimolli's photos

Previous posts

Archives

Photo Archives

  • My Debut of HNT
  • Happy HNT! (*my favorite!)
  • Merry HNT!
  • Another Fabulous HNT!
  • One more Photo for HNT...(2005)
  • Happy New Year!
  • Compromise HNT...
  • Let me count the ways...
  • TGIHNT!! (thank god it's half nekkid thursday!)
  • February HNT
  • What is she looking at?!
  • Such a Slacker
  • Time for Mardi Gras HNT!!!
  • Artistic HNT



    eXTReMe Tracker