MiniMolli

"It's not every day you get to enjoy the bottom layer of a chocolate pyramid." - The_Gnat




Inconsiderate jibber-jabber


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



At the chance of sounding like an old fart this is something that continues to bother me. In recent weeks I've ran into several really inconsiderate kids(teenagers).


Episode #1

One sunny afternoon my mother and I went to get some mexican for lunch. We decided snacking on some chips and salsa and sipping on ice cold beers on the outside patio was the way to go. About 1/2 way through our first beers a couple of teenage girls sat down 2 tables away. Our then quiet lunch turned into something like so:

Girl1: "hehehee, haha!"
Girl2: "SHUT UP! hehehe..."
Girl1: "You did NOT say that!"
... you get my drift

Now, this is fine I have no problem with giggling girls.

Beer #1 is gone, mom goes to get 2 more. A car pulls up in the parking lot and parks in the back of the lot. It's obviously a car full of boys that the girls know as the giggling has now turned into squeals. As the boys don't seem to be getting out of the car it would seem like if the girls wanted to talk to them they would actually have to get up and go over there.

This is where my logic fails. Instead of getting up and walking over the girls decide to stand up on their chairs and scream "Hey baby! What chu doin?!... - Who's that in the car with you?... You going to the movie tonight?... don't you bring that bitch Amanda with you, I'll dump my coke on her!... etc..." and on and on.

Now this in itself isn't quite enough to push me over the edge. I can try to ignore it and keep sipping away at my corona. However, that fact that my table happened to be smack in between the girls and the parking lot, kinda put me in a tissy. I can tell you for a fact Girl#1 still had her tonsils. And I'm pretty sure some of her spit made a break for my salsa. I'm literally sitting 3 feet away from her staring at her waiting for her to finish and acknowledge my presence. And when she finally does come down off the chair she sees me staring at her and grins and winks at me. Then promptly goes inside because her break is now over and someone has to refill the napkins.

WTF? Of course my mom is giggling because #1 she had one more beer than me and #2 she can see how pissed I'm getting. She then followed up with "Don't worry sweetie, you were never like that!". Damn right I wasn't, at least not to anyone that wasn't my mother.


Episode #2

Ok, so a few days after the mexican screaming incident. I'm at the grocery store in the produce department. In front of me is an older gentleman with his daughter (maybe 14 years old). She's very athletic looking and high energy as she's bouncing around and running circles around her dad. Apparently she thought her dad was taking too long in choosing the right group of grapes so she picks up 3 oranges and begins to juggle them. Yup - juggle. She eventually drops one on the floor and tries again. A minute later her dad has chosen the perfect grapes and moved along. She notices this, puts the oranges back and catches up with him. Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?!

Ugh, have teenagers always been like this and I'm just now noticing. Maybe I really am getting old...


2 Responses to “Inconsiderate jibber-jabber”

  1. Blogger Is it sync'd yet? 

    Don't stand for any of the poppycock!


    Gnat.
    .

  2. Blogger CorkChop 

    I once saw a kid stick his finger in a piece of pie at a buffet to sample it. Cured me of buffets for life.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

www.flickr.com
minimolli's photos More of minimolli's photos

Previous posts

Archives

Photo Archives

  • My Debut of HNT
  • Happy HNT! (*my favorite!)
  • Merry HNT!
  • Another Fabulous HNT!
  • One more Photo for HNT...(2005)
  • Happy New Year!
  • Compromise HNT...
  • Let me count the ways...
  • TGIHNT!! (thank god it's half nekkid thursday!)
  • February HNT
  • What is she looking at?!
  • Such a Slacker
  • Time for Mardi Gras HNT!!!
  • Artistic HNT



    eXTReMe Tracker